Monetized installment sale

9 Replies

Has anyone heard of these or done one?   I am selling my business and am looking at doing one of these to potentially defer taxes for 30 years.   Any feedback would be appreciated! 

Tyler,
Not sure if you went forward with the sale or not but I am happy to discuss this topic with you. Monetized Installment Sales for Business, Property, private stock or any capital asset can be a tax efficient way to sell. If you have any concerns about it I have resources and attorneys who can provide their insight to you.
Call me if you wish to discuss. If you did go forward with the transaction I would also love to hear about your experience post close.
Thanks, Patrick

I ended up not doing it.  Although it does appear legit, I just didn't want to always fear the IRS changing policy on it. I decided to just pay the tax bill and move forward.

@Patrick Gardner, I am planning to sell a highly appreciated commercial property that is titled by a SCorp (owned by me). I heard that when title of a SCorp property is changed, it triggers a "sale" with IRS; thereby, capital gain tax is due the year the title is changed. Is it possible to use MIS to defer tax for 30 years if relinquished property is titled under a SCorp? Thanks.

Originally posted by @Tien Ly :

@Patrick Gardner, I am planning to sell a highly appreciated commercial property that is titled by a SCorp (owned by me). I heard that when title of a SCorp property is changed, it triggers a "sale" with IRS; thereby, capital gain tax is due the year the title is changed. Is it possible to use MIS to defer tax for 30 years if relinquished property is titled under a SCorp? Thanks.

Yes.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here