Votes
Tomer Ravid
  • Tel Aviv, Israel
Votes |
Bookkeeping for my investment portfolio

Tomer Ravid
  • Tel Aviv, Israel
Posted Feb 22 2017, 07:08

I wanted your advice, I own a small portfolio of Single/ Multifamily properties (50+ units in total). All managed by professional property managers (using Appfolio and a different property management software with a different name). I use QuickBooks for my bookkeeping, and I try to be very diligent about the bookkeeping process.

I use the owner portal to download all my owner reports. I use excel and consolidate all income and expenses for each property (I add my mortgage payments and other landlord expenses) and make sure that my cash accounts reconcile for all my holdings (if there is a problem I call the manager and we try and figure things out).

I use this excel for two things: 

Tracking my properties performance - mainly cash flow, cash balance, NOI and just to make sure the PM is on top of everything.

I use this to input the data into QuickBooks (I do this manually). 

My CPA is very expensive for Bookkeeping purposes. I tried a VA, but there are too many mistakes. Does anyone have a software solution to integrate Quickbooks with the reports from Appfolio and provide some investment tracking?