• Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
CPA or enrolled Agent needed

Amalia G.
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted May 16 2017, 20:12

I found out my CPA, who is an enrolled agent, is asking us to find a new agent to do our taxes for next year (2017 filing year). He is a single guy set up and when I started with him, I had a simple W2. Now our returns are much more complex. He has always done a thoroughly and quality job for us but it sounds like it is time for us to move on.

We are looking for a highly experienced/knowledgable replacement. The areas of expertise should be rental properties in multiple states (MN, TX, CA, UT) owned jointly and some owned by an LLC. We are looking for someone well versed in maximizing deductions and depreciations on schedule E's. That stays current with the laws as they change from year to year. In addition we have some stock sales on occasion and may be including some short term rental income soon.

I keep clean, detailed and organized books covering all aspects of our rentals. 

We have no issue working with a remote person, we actually prefer email and digital means of communication over face to face because of time constraints. However we need someone well versed in California tax laws as that is where we are located.

Any recommendations or agents that are interested, please let me know so we can discuss more. 

Loading replies...