Votes |
Accounting or Tax Question

Lakshay G.
  • Small Business Owner
  • Fallston, MD
Posted Feb 8 2018, 10:22

Hello there. 

I have two questions. 

1.  I bought a property towards the end of 2017 and started rehabbing it and now it’s almost done and will be ready for a tenant next week.  Will an accountant know how to perform tax write off‘s as in 2017 only expenses occurred no income, if it helps I purchased it as an investment property and paid 20% down. 

2. My current small business accountant who I believe is not an expert when it comes to rental property investment Taxes.  Of course if I approach her and give her the details regarding my purchase of an investment property she would say that she has many rent rental property accounts and she can handle it, but somehow I want to get the rental property taxes done from an accountant who is a real estate in messenger himself/herself.   So my question is, can I get just the rental property taxes (a certain schedule?) done from a Real estate investor accountant and turn that in to my small business accountant as she will be filing my personal taxes as well as small business taxes. I tried my best not to confuse anybody, I hope I can receive some help. 

Thank you. 

Loading replies...