real estate investor friendly CPA

11 Replies

can anyone recommend a real estate investor friendly cpa in wayne, Oakland or Macomb county Michigan?

Depending on what RE strategy you're working on, you might want to reach out to @Brandon Hall . He's nationwide, digital, transparent, online and a passionate CPA & RE investor.

Brian Borowski does the majority of the work for everyone in the MREIA group. Great guy and knows his stuff.

Originally posted by @Brian Mcguire :

can anyone recommend a real estate investor friendly cpa in wayne, Oakland or Macomb county Michigan?

There are many CPAs here on BP that work remotely. I can highly recommend @Brandon Hall and @Daniel Hyman with My Online Accountant.  

thanks for the responses, I did reach out to Brandon Hall but have got a response, its been 2 weeks.  I also looked in to contacting Amanda Han. No response yet there either.

Originally posted by @Brian Mcguire :

thanks for the responses, I did reach out to Brandon Hall but have got a response, its been 2 weeks.  I also looked in to contacting Amanda Han. No response yet there either.

This is Tax season, so accountants are very busy. I assume you'll be filing an extension, so in terms of filing you still have some time. Try Daniel, he's great! 

Thanks for another mention @Yonah Weiss !

@Brian Mcguire All of us CPA’s are stretched to the max at this point of the year, but feel free to be in touch if I can be helpful in any way.

I have a great one but likely he won't take on any new ones this year unless it is a simple one - he works with many real estate investors including me.    PM me if you want his contact info

@Brian Mcguire

It is that time of the year where accountants wake up in the morning, get to work, work, work, grab a quick bite, work, work and then go to sleep.

If there is an accountant that you like but he may not be available at the moment - you may want to go on extension so he can work with you after 4/15. However, be mindful that an extension allows you additional time to file - but not necessarily additional time to pay.

Yep us CPA's are quite swamped now.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions. I'm based on NY and work remotely with clients all over the country.

@Brian Mcguire

Several excellent accountants were mentioned or responded in person. There're over 20 of us here, all experts in REI, and most of us work nationwide, so location is not important.

But with 3 weeks left before April 15, we are also in overdrive, so you won't get much personal attention.

The right thing to do is to file an IRS extension and then contact some of us after 4/15 to choose the best fit.

thanks everyone. I wasnt so concerned about 2017. I was trying to implement things for 2018.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here