Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Larson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Broker requirements

Anthony Larson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Nov 25 2010, 15:03

I'm looking at what is required to becoming a broker in Wisconsin

I found this online

Real Estate Broker - Licensing

1) Complete required education.

A. All applicants for licensure as a broker must complete one of the following as proof of completion of the education requirement:

a) a specific 36-hour brokers course of approved education programs in business management from an an approved Wisconsin school AND if applicant does not presently hold a salesperson's license in Wisconsin, applicant must also complete the 72-hour salesperson education requirement; OR

b) a transcript showing 20 academic semester-hours credit in real estate or real estate related law completed at an accredited institution of higher education AND if applicant does not presently hold a salesperson's license in Wisconsin, applicant must also complete the 72-hour salesperson education requirement; OR

c) a photocopy of current bar membership card or a certificate of good standing in the Wisconsin State Bar.

However, WRA.org says this

Broker License Information for Wisconsin Residents
Resident Applicants
Wisconsin resident applicants for Broker may qualify for the broker's examination and a broker's license by satisfying the following requirements:

Be licensed as a Wisconsin salesperson or have passed the Wisconsin salesperson's examination and:
Show proof of completion of a required educational program approved by the department of regulation and licensing; or
Show proof of having obtained twenty (20) semester-hour credits in real estate or real estate-related law courses at an accredited institution of higher education (NOTE: Applicants are advised to submit transcripts to the Department for approval of credit courses prior to applying for examination.); or
Show proof of being licensed to practice law in Wisconsin.
A broker applicant is also required to pass the Wisconsin broker's examination.

MY QUESTION IS THIS

Do you need 20 credit hours of real estate related coursework to become a broker in WI?

Loading replies...