Commercial Real Estate Fund Manager · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
Hi @Scott Shrider. There is a great syndication event put on by The Real Estate Guys (guests on BP Podcast this past summer). Their next event is in late March 2020. There is also a book by attorney, Gene Trowbridge, on this topic. Make sure you get the latest edition. Then there are mentoring programs like the one I went through with 37th Parallel. They can be pricey but worth it.
Commercial Real Estate Fund Manager · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
Hi @Scott Shrider. There is a great syndication event put on by The Real Estate Guys (guests on BP Podcast this past summer). Their next event is in late March 2020. There is also a book by attorney, Gene Trowbridge, on this topic. Make sure you get the latest edition. Then there are mentoring programs like the one I went through with 37th Parallel. They can be pricey but worth it.
Contractor · Niles, MI · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 3 votes
6y
@Paul Moore
Thank you Paul!
I have been going thru different podcasts and looking online. I have recently come across RE guys thro looking into senior living education. Thank u!!
I am developing my focus from a desire to work in the senior living market (asset class). I do also have interest in developing into apartments...related or unrelated to senior living.
Contractor · Niles, MI · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 3 votes
6y
@Daniel Infante
Hey Daniel... I looked it up.. I believe the one paul mentioned is.... it's a whole new business..the how to book of syndicated investment real estate.
I also came across his company crowdfunding lawyers.net
Hi @Scott Shrider. There is a great syndication event put on by The Real Estate Guys (guests on BP Podcast this past summer). Their next event is in late March 2020. There is also a book by attorney, Gene Trowbridge, on this topic. Make sure you get the latest edition. Then there are mentoring programs like the one I went through with 37th Parallel. They can be pricey but worth it.
What are you looking to syndicate?
Thanks for that recommendation. I've never heard of them.
While you already got a ton of great feedback on the books, events and podcasts on syndication, ALF and/or MC, and Healthcare in general is a unique asset class and requires an operator to work on the business and be involved. Not sure if you have experience with it, but I'd consider educating yourself on the space as well and checking out the requirements for your state of choice to install or buy such facilitates.
Contractor · Niles, MI · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 3 votes
6y
@Alina Trigub
Thank u! I agree.. I am only going to interact in parts of the operation. I will be partnering with a local operator. However I am educating myself as if I would be operating.
Specialist · Oxnard, CA · Member since 2018 · 92 posts · 32 votes
6y
Hey Scott, I usually watch the videos from Commercial Property Advisors on Youtube and they are a goldmine of free information. The gentleman that does the videos does little charts for the viewers to see that is pretty helpful.
Gathering information from different experts is what's probably best.
Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
Many great answers here already and I would agree with all of them. I would also add investing in deals passively is a great way to learn. I went through most of the above steps (reading books, conferences, podcasts, YouTube videos, hiring mentors, etc) and learned a few additional things by making my first passive investment.
The experience of being an investor is valuable because you can find out what you like and don't like about the process. Additionally, the sponsor may be willing to talk with you a bit more about their business (i.e. free-ish mentoring)