• Rental Property Investor
  • Syracuse, NY
Votes |
When to Incorporate

Josh LaRose
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Syracuse, NY
Posted Dec 12 2019, 04:52

Good morning BP community - my buddy owns a real estate investing business in my hometown, upstate NY. He started offering an Apprentice program this past summer which I joined. It consists right now of driving for dollars, purchasing lists and cold calling. I've brought 1 deal to the table thus far and received over a $10k check which was great. My goal is to continue with the apprentice program which will ultimate lead me to purchasing multifamily rentals.

My question is - i've been looking into incorporating, I spoke with a company called Anderson Advisors last night and explained to them my situation. They were offering to form an entity for me with a c-corp in NY for wholesaling - and once i start purchasing rentals we would add on to what we are creating. it's $2,700 with an additional $35/month. I have business advisors, tax experts in the real estate field and many other things at my disposal if i do go this route. i wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on if maybe this is worth it at this point.

Please let me know your thoughts. thank you

Loading replies...