Skip to content
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Jose Hernandez
Votes |
Bought a house with termites, can I sue ?

Jose Hernandez
Posted May 26 2020, 03:18

I closed on a house May 13 2020. The sellers wanted 7 days to move out so I granted there wishes. I ended up getting my keys the following week Monday May 18. My girlfriend and I were planning on staying down stairs because there’s a bathroom and two rooms downstairs and the up stairs has 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. I just found out May 25 that a room upstairs has termites. I notice the floor was cracked when I first got my keys. But yesterday I really got down and inspected the floor to see the how bad the damage is. Right away I saw wings and the more I looked around I started noticing termites. The inspector overlooked that part. And the damage on the house is not new, so the sellers must have known also. I have people telling me to sue the inspector and some to sue the seller.! The house was occupied during the showing and the inspection. There was furniture above where the termites are at. kind of looks like the the sellers were trying to hide it. What’s the best way on handling this unfortunate situation..

Loading replies...