• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Looking for an Attorney

Tom Casey
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Sep 30 2020, 06:52

Hello BP community!

I just closed on my first property here in Chicago (Roger's Park neighborhood) a few months ago. It is a 2bd 2 ba condo unit in a building with 10 other units. We have been in the process of a gut rehab for the last three months and we are nearing the end phases. Everything has been going relatively smooth considering it's my first time doing this, just trying to learn everything as I go and pick stuff up along the way. 

The main issue that I've had as of late is that my upstairs neighbor/chairman of the board is constantly complaining about the "noise and clutter" along with other things. I was very nice to her from the beginning, but she kept pushing and pushing. Eventually, I just said that she needs to take it easy as this is temporary and we are almost done. A couple days later, she filed a formal complaint of "violations" on our HOA website.

I just think that this lady is going to give us some major problems moving forward, especially when we rent out the unit. It would be great if I could consult with an attorney about this situation, but also just to form a good working relationship for future projects and investments.

Best,

Tom

Loading replies...