Stop Finding the Deal First — Find the Lender First

Stop Finding the Deal First — Find the Lender First

Member since 2025 · 11 posts · 2 votes

One of the biggest mistakes I see newer and even experienced investors make is getting a property under contract before fully understanding their financing.

They assume:

  • “I’ll figure out the money later”

  • “A lender will make it work”

  • “Worst case, I’ll renegotiate”

That’s usually where deals fall apart.

The investors who close consistently do this in reverse:

  1. They talk to a lender first

  2. They understand what actually fits their plan (LTC, leverage, exits, timelines)

  3. They structure offers around financing they already know works

When you know your lender and capital stack upfront:

  • You make cleaner offers

  • You avoid retracing and delays

  • Sellers and agents take you more seriously

Whether you’re flipping, doing ground-up, or scaling rentals, having a clear funding strategy makes everything downstream easier.

If you want to walk through how financing could fit your current or future plan, I’m happy to set up a quick call and talk it through.

No pressure, no sales pitch — just making sure the capital matches the strategy before the deal.

0Reply
26 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.