Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Shelby Van Horn
Votes |
New and Seeking Partner for Flip

Shelby Van Horn
Posted Mar 10 2019, 22:16

**This is my first post on the market place.  If I have posted in the wrong area or tagged incorrectly, please let me know and I will adjust.  Thank you!

Hello fellow BPers!

I am looking to do my first fix and flip project, and I am seeking a mutually beneficial partnership. I live in southern California, but am willing to do this in any area that makes sense. I am willing to travel for the right project.

I am a former paramedic and am making the transition into real estate investing in order to secure my future financially and create a better life in this exciting field. Getting my foot in the door has been rough due to financial constraints and credit history, although I am now in a place where I feel I can break into it if I think creatively. As such, I am looking to meet someone who may be interested in partnering with me.

My ideal situation would be to find an experienced, successful rehabber who would feel good about mentoring me to some degree (I don’t expect anyone to make teaching me their full time job, but I would love to learn from whoever I work with), in exchange for my having some skin in the game, endless hustle, a great work ethic, and the desire to do whatever it takes to get it done. I have a great attitude and am not looking to fully take the reins on my first project, but to be adaptable to what you think is best, based on your past experience. I’m aware that flipping a house is not what it appears on TV -- I have been studying the field, reading everything I can on BP, listening to all of the podcasts, reading books, and am trying to do this the right way as far as getting educated, without becoming stuck in an endless cycle of learning with no action.

According to the BP podcast, a successful project requires that you have two of the three things: knowledge, hustle, money. Though I am by no means an expert, I have been and continue to be gaining knowledge every day. I have endless hustle and will bring that to our project -- I am willing to put in sweat equity and do whatever is required to make this work. As far as money, I can contribute some skin in the game financially. I have recently received a settlement of $20k, and am willing to contribute as much of that which makes sense. Of course, this may not seem like a large amount of money to an experienced investor, but to a 26 year old paramedic, it is everything. I am willing to be flexible in a way that makes sense for both of us as far as what I contribute and what profit I make.

If you’ve made it this far, thank you. If this sounds like a situation that may work for you, I look forward to connecting with you and seeing what we can accomplish together.

Looking for

Loading replies...