Bookkeeping

14 Replies

Mike,

Features are very similar for QuickBooks Online vs Desktop Pro. Thinks to remember is:

- if you want to pay a monthly fee or a flat fee for three years

- If you accountant wants access to your file only once or 4 times a year do not let  it be a decision to get the online version. There are many free ways to give access to them.

Send me an email, I will send you the difference between all software. Sorry, I cannot add a link to my website on this forum.

Gita Faust

Stephen, I am just curious(since I am not finance/accountting guy) go important that issue? Is it related to do taxes? What is your suggestions? 

If I have online version, how many users/pc/devices I can get? I mean can my bookkeeper can access? Can I have access from any devices?

Originally posted by @Mike Haikin :

Stephen, I am just curious(since I am not finance/accountting guy) go important that issue? Is it related to do taxes? What is your suggestions? 

If I have online version, how many users/pc/devices I can get? I mean can my bookkeeper can access? Can I have access from any devices?

Mike just send you an email with the link.

With the online version use the plus you can have up to 25 users. Anyone you give permission can access it and from anywhere and any devices. 

Gita Faust

Originally posted by @Mike Haikin :

Your bookkeeper can access it, as can your accountant.  It just required a lot of manual data entry for me (I was doing the taxes myself).

Online sucks. Pro is a really good piece of software, and you only have to buy it once as long as you don't have payroll. I know guys still using 2000. But hire someone who can come in and help you set it up as a rental company and teach you how use it properly and set up your reports the way you want to see them. They usually charge about 45 an hour but well worth it. Make sure you set up each separate property as a "class" and get the quickbook checks. Good luck, it's a big learning curve but in a couple of months you'll be 1'000 times more efficient. Good luck.

QuickBooks Online Plus is improving every day.  Pound for pound, you may want to consider some of the additional fees / charges that come with the desktop version like Bank downloads, annual upgrades, etc. Online Plus also has the ability to integrate with a lot of other cloud based software.  

Online transactions are growing stronger every day -- just something else to consider.