Raising money to get started...

9 Replies

I am looking into other business to help aid me in getting started in REI and I really need some advice... I found this online advertising company that will pay me much like an affiliate advertising gig, but I am not sure. I could really use so feedback and advice. Below is the link to check it out... Thanks

http://www.empowernetwork.com/totalshortcut?id=869...

Yes. Get a partner. Or better yet, sign up a deal and then assign it to get some cash rolling it. If you can find the deals, you won't need money. The money will come to you.

I apologize but I don't understand I have found a few properties that I thought we good deals and money didn't find me... could you please be elaborate... perhaps I am missing something.

Well... in what ways were they good deals? Under-valued? Good rentals? Or what?? The best way is to write up a contract for one of those great deals and then assign it to another investor.  Best way to find them is at your local real estate investor meetings. You might also advertise on craigslist.

Originally posted by @Amanda Reynolds :

I am looking into other business to help aid me in getting started in REI and I really need some advice... I found this online advertising company that will pay me much like an affiliate advertising gig, but I am not sure. I could really use so feedback and advice. Below is the link to check it out... Thanks

http://www.empowernetwork.com/totalshortcut?id=869...

Be a student. google Minnesota real estate broker license and get educated. If you don't take the class, at least find out what text they use and read it cover to cover. Think baby steps. Step 1 is educate yourself. Lots to learn.... and by the way, it never stops. That's why a lot of us are on BP....

@Amanda Reynolds

I would start by taking a very objective look at the way you are running the personal and household budget. I consider effective savings / value-add better than making money, because it's tax free.

Some people go really far, and there is a point where wasting the time for the savings is not worth it (classic example, driving across town to save $0.10 on gas). Just make sure you have tightened up all the holes in your budget. Not only is this an exercise that will have more effect on your life than any real estate investing, but it will train you to be a better investor, as you will learn to take the same approach with your properties (minimize costs, maximize value).