General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Robert Godfrey
Votes |
Advice on possible kitchen cabinet upgrade

Robert Godfrey
Posted Jan 24 2022, 20:19

Hi all, I had a quick question. So we just recently closed on a rental house and for cabinets, I'm thinking of buying a used set (pics attached) since we want to upgrade the current outdated kitchen cabinets from 30" to 42" tall (see first 2 pics). Do you think they're decent quality? I also attached a 2 pics of the current kitchen cabinets that need replacing. Long story short, do you think it would be a decent upgrade for the price - it's 16 of those oak colored cabinets for $1200 (and we would sell whatever's left over). I'm wondering if it's just cheaper to go this route than paying over double if buying new. Also time is of the essence because every month that goes by we are losing 2.5k in rent.

My ultimate goal is we want it to appraise well on the full kitchen renovation and make sure whatever we upgrade to will last for awhile but we don't want to break the bank. Yet I do want to go up a notch in quality because it's going to have nice granite counters and will be rented to military. I think these look pretty decent for the price but don't have a lot of experience in judging how durable this type of cabinet would be compared to say, a new plywood cabinet from Home Depot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Loading replies...