Getting section 8 tenants.

3 Replies

I'd like to start renting to section 8 tenants. How do I get involved in the section 8 program? Do I need to do a lot of paperwork? Is there an application I need to fill out. My property is in St. Louis. Any help would be useful.

Thanks.

Hello, I have a few section 8 units.  I would be more than happy to walk you through the steps.  The best part of section 8 is the rent is systematically deposited into your account each month.

1. Fill out tenant paperwork

2. Schedule section 8 inspection

3. Complete any repairs requested.

4. Schedule final inspection.

5. Start collected rental deposits.

Good day world

Originally posted by @Toney NA :

I'd like to start renting to section 8 tenants. How do I get involved in the section 8 program? Do I need to do a lot of paperwork? Is there an application I need to fill out. My property is in St. Louis. Any help would be useful.

Thanks.

Contact your local housing authority. Many will have a website with a section that explains the process for landlords. They will be glad to hear from you.

Here's a link to the St. Louis Housing Authority.... http://www.slha.org/

I personally found the Section 8 Bible Vol 1 and 2 to be EXTREMELY helpful and would recommend them to any investor looking to go S8.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.