• Dayton, OH
Votes |
Parking Lot Striping/Painting

Ryan Bolus
  • SFR Investor
  • Dayton, OH
Posted Apr 8 2014, 19:11

Hi Everyone,

Two months ago I closed on my first deal - 2 fourplexes, less than 2 miles from my house. The numbers worked great (at least in theory - time will tell!), and now I am in the process of getting things up to my standards. So far managing has been a piece of cake. The only issue I am having is parking...

Long story short, my one building has a parking lot that backs up to another building. Not only do the residents of the other building park there, but one of my units has 5 cars (for 2 people...) and they don't seem to understand the "two cars per apartment in the lot" idea. I've got a towing sign, and have used it - but I am thinking long term. I really don't like the complaint calls - I have to look up if the car is registered, call the towing company, etc.

So...what do you guys think about spending a few hundred bucks on getting the lot striped and painted with unit numbers? Has anyone done this? I would still have to take the phone calls, but I am thinking this would be a big deterrant in parking there if you weren't a resident.

Loading replies...