Votes
Amanda Damron
  • Marion, VA
Votes |
Renter? regarding credit checks

Amanda Damron
  • Marion, VA
Posted May 15 2014, 15:34

I have a question regarding credit checks. I am a renter. This is a position that we are, unfortunately, stuck in for at least a few more years before we will be able to purchase due to past credit issues. We are in the process of looking for a new, more suitable place to rent (this one has a lot of problems and it is just not what we need or desire in home). I was wondering what exactly you look for when pulling credit reports? For example, both mine and my husband's FICO is around 590 due to old collection accounts (5+ years old, most due to come off our report within 2 years) but all of our current accounts are 100% paid on time. We have no foreclosures, bankruptcies, or evictions. My husband has stable income that is 5x the amount we are looking to pay in rent. Based on this information, would you rent to us if we applied for one of your properties? Why or why not? I know this is long, I am just wanting to get a bit of perspective before we actually have to deal with it in our home search.

Thanks in Advance,

Amanda D

Loading replies...