• Rocky River, OH
Votes |
Existing Tenant Questions

Andrew Almenar
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rocky River, OH
Posted Sep 11 2014, 18:45

Hi All,

First time poster here.  I am currently in the market for another rental property and I have extensive experience dealing with tenants that I have signed to lease agreements.  However, during my current property search I am struggling to find the right questions to ask of existing tenants when walking through a prospective property.

I have a keen eye towards property defect, but when it comes to exactly I should be asking of the current tenants of a property I am interested in: I draw a blank.  For starters, I typically ask how long they have rented the unit and what their feelings are towards the current ownership.

Does anyone have any other recommendations of good questions to ask to the tenants (assuming they are friendly enough to answer)?  My goal is to retain long term tenants in the multi-family properties and I do not want to pry into their business too much if I do end up becoming their landlord down the line.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to contributing my personal experiences everyone as well.

Loading replies...