• Seattle, WA
Votes |
Eviction Costs

Nghi Le
Pro Member
  • Investor / Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Sep 25 2014, 15:31

I received this e-mail from my property manager and I was wondering if the costs sound reasonable.  This is in Seattle, Washington.

"The total amount that will be owed to the attorney is $737.98. This is going to include everything to the attorney including the sheriff.

I went out there this morning before the attorney scheduled the sheriff to see whether or not there were still items inside the home. It would have saved a little money if she would have moved out and I could have just taken possession of the property but I saw a lot of stuff inside, so I am waiting on a call from the sheriff and we will have to do a physical eviction. The only other costs that there will be is a locksmith to come out and change the locks ($99) and I will need to hire a couple people from Labor Ready to come move all of the items out of the house. I believe they run $15 an hour with a 4 hour minimum, so that will be appx $120. We don't charge anything for being there with the sheriff or handling the process."

Loading replies...