Contractor's License requirement for Snow removal in NJ

4 Replies

Hello All.  I'm looking to change out our snow removal company.  I was told that whatever company we use would have to have a contractor's license to operate.  We've verified that the potential successor company has the proper certificates of insurance. 

Any other NJ property owners know if this is true?

Or is this just a snow job for our current company to remain

Thanks!

Hello John, it's my understanding that you don't need a contractors license to do snow removal. The license is required for any contractor that is doing improvements but not for maintenance. 

The most important thing is that the contractor is properly insured. Check that they have a snow specific policy and not just general liability. That being said I really don't know any of this to be fact.

Also, I would love to hear some prices you get quoted in your area. 

Originally posted by @John Yarenis :

...  We've verified that the potential successor company has the proper certificates of insurance. 

Check that the workers comp box is also checked off on their ACORD insurance certificate ... winter is slippery after all ...

No contractor's license required. Get 3 quotes while also doing your due diligence on insurance/workers comp. etc.

@Mark Langdon , Thanks for the input.  Definitely something we're doing.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here