Running credit?

5 Replies

In the past I have waived the application fee ($75.00 each person) for people that include their credit report with the application and have avoided having to run credit.  Unfortunately I have someone now that can't run their own so they are paying the fee.  What is the best way to run credit when you only have to do it every couple of years?

Promotion
SimplifyEm
Property Management Made Easy
Powerful Online Tool
Stress free and user friendly. From managing to advertising, SimplifyEm has got you covered!
Click for FREE Trial

$75 fee seems very high. Does your state have a limit on these types of fees? In California, this fee is tied to Civil Code Section 1950.6. "The maximum fee is adjusted each year based on changes in the Consumer Price Index since January 1, 1998. In 2012, the maximum allowable fee is $44.51." 

I also run their credit so that I know for sure I have the most up-to-date credit and not last months. If they have run up debt since then, I want to know. In this day and age, it is easy to forge reports with a few clicks of the mouse. 

I ended up just charging 25 per person as you guys helped me find a way to do it cheaply.  I had not thought of photoshop so this is how I will be handling it in the future!  Thanks BP!