Eviction

4 Replies

Hi,

I had a tenant who left without notice, but I come to find out that my tenants brother is living at the apartment with a friend (neither one is on the lease and I was never notified of this). They are refusing to move out. What is the appropriate forms to complete for eviction since they are not tenants (they never were)? Most eviction papers say due to failure of paying rent...etc...but this is not the issue..? Any feedback or helpful advice would be appreciated.

You should seek out an eviction attorney first thing tomorrow and do what they tell you.  I dont know if Florida is an landlord friendly state or not. Good luck

Medium buymemphisnow stacksCurt Davis, Buy Memphis Now | [email protected] | 605‑310‑7929 | http://www.BuyMemphisNow.com

Originally posted by @Curt Davis :

You should seek out an eviction attorney first thing tomorrow and do what they tell you.  I dont know if Florida is an landlord friendly state or not. Good luck

Thank you! I will do that tomorrow am.

This would be an eviction of named and unnamed occupants. As @Curt Davis  suggested, best to hire an attorney who understands that process so things don't get messed up and dragged out. The tenant on the lease will also be a defendant in the eviction. 

If your lease was assignable they could be considered a new tenant under that lease unless your permission is required first. Otherwise, you don't have an eviction at all but rather an ejectment of a squatter. Little more complicated and you should use an attorney.