Section 8 Property Manager Review

3 Replies

After evaluating the pros and cons about section 8 rental, I decided to hire a professional manager experienced with section 8 tenants to take care of my investment property, a single condominium unit in San Diego, CA. However, I realized that it is difficult to find and compare a list of local property managers with section 8 experience by simply searching Yelp.com or other local business review site. Can someone recommend a reliable review site for property managers, preferably for section 8 property managers?

I really appreciate the advice in advance.

Originally posted by @Hui Wang :

After evaluating the pros and cons about section 8 rental, I decided to hire a professional manager experienced with section 8 tenants to take care of my investment property, a single condominium unit in San Diego, CA. However, I realized that it is difficult to find and compare a list of local property managers with section 8 experience by simply searching Yelp.com or other local business review site. Can someone recommend a reliable review site for property managers, preferably for section 8 property managers?

I really appreciate the advice in advance.

A single condo unit with HOA and your own separate PM fees. Don't the HOA typically handle hiring property managers? I hope you still have some positive cash flow.

Kudos,

Mary

Hui, what part of town is your condo located in?  The rental market is pretty tight in most parts of San Diego and has high demand.  I think you should think about renting to a well qualified Tenant and not bother with the section 8 approval process.  That's just my opinion.

@Hui Wang  , the best reviews I've seen for Property Managers have been right here. If you throw out a few names of who you're considering, there should be a good number of local investors who will be able to weed out the bad ones for you. Good luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here