Handyman Recommendations for Northwest Indiana???

12 Replies

Anyone on BP have any recommendations for a Handyperson in the Northwest Indiana area (Schererville, Dyer, Merrillville, CP) that is reasonable?? I have tried a few from Craigslist with bad results. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thx!

You have a great REIA over there reach out to them, and get involved, if you dont get anything let me know and I will make some calls.

@Jeremy Tillotson I did attend the REIA meeting in Merrillville any wasn't impressed a few months ago when they held their 'contractor' fair. There were a few specific trades there, but Handyman type businesses showcasing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Originally posted by @Jim Carson:

@Jeremy Tillotson I did attend the REIA meeting in Merrillville and wasn't impressed a few months ago when they held their 'contractor' fair. There were a few specific trades there, but no Handyman type businesses showcasing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I know @Terri Lewis was doing some work over there. Can actually give recommendation (not seen their work) but meeting her she seemed like an honest person. I will check with my contacts over there. I think you have another REIA over there too, if memory serves me.

meant to say cant give recommendation sorry about that

A buddy of mine does handyman work on the side. He's an electrician by profession. Would you like his info? 

This post has been removed.

@Ashton Astillero  Sure. That would be great! Would he be willing to do roofing and painting?

Roofing no. But I do painting. And just to make sure you noticed that I mentioned he does it on the side. So when he's booked, he's booked. When he's not, he not. Cause I too give him handyman work :) 

I know a guy, Milton Howard, Not sure if he is approved for the areas you mention, I know he doesn't have approval of Hammond city. Terrific guy and pretty conscientious about his work. Check him out on howardshomerepair.com I also know he is busy.

This post has been removed.

Omri, that was a great article that you gave a link to. I really appreciate seeing it all laid out in black and white for me. Nice. 

(518) 222-5335

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.