Handyman Recommendations for Northwest Indiana???

12 Replies

Anyone on BP have any recommendations for a Handyperson in the Northwest Indiana area (Schererville, Dyer, Merrillville, CP) that is reasonable?? I have tried a few from Craigslist with bad results. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thx!

You have a great REIA over there reach out to them, and get involved, if you dont get anything let me know and I will make some calls.

@Jeremy Tillotson I did attend the REIA meeting in Merrillville any wasn't impressed a few months ago when they held their 'contractor' fair. There were a few specific trades there, but Handyman type businesses showcasing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Originally posted by @Jim Carson:

@Jeremy Tillotson I did attend the REIA meeting in Merrillville and wasn't impressed a few months ago when they held their 'contractor' fair. There were a few specific trades there, but no Handyman type businesses showcasing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I know @Terri Lewis was doing some work over there. Can actually give recommendation (not seen their work) but meeting her she seemed like an honest person. I will check with my contacts over there. I think you have another REIA over there too, if memory serves me.

meant to say cant give recommendation sorry about that

A buddy of mine does handyman work on the side. He's an electrician by profession. Would you like his info? 

This post has been removed.

@Ashton Astillero  Sure. That would be great! Would he be willing to do roofing and painting?

Roofing no. But I do painting. And just to make sure you noticed that I mentioned he does it on the side. So when he's booked, he's booked. When he's not, he not. Cause I too give him handyman work :) 

I know a guy, Milton Howard, Not sure if he is approved for the areas you mention, I know he doesn't have approval of Hammond city. Terrific guy and pretty conscientious about his work. Check him out on howardshomerepair.com I also know he is busy.

This post has been removed.

Omri, that was a great article that you gave a link to. I really appreciate seeing it all laid out in black and white for me. Nice. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here