Votes
Harry Campbell
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
How to Handle Small Cosmetic Issues

Harry Campbell
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Dec 22 2014, 15:21

I have a tenant 1.5 years into a 2 year lease.  So far so good, had a few issues came up but handled them and everything has been fine.

He recently brought up two issues with me though and I'm not sure exactly how to handle them:

1.  Near the front door, where the carpet meets the tile, the tack strip is starting to get exposed (maybe half an inch or less wide, a few inches long).  My handyman (who's very good/smart dude) looked at it, nothing he could really do though since you can't add carpet.  Best course of action?

2.  The cabinets in kitchen/bathrooms were painted right before the tenant moved in.  I had a guy paint over the old laminate cabinets.  Not the most elegant solution but looks pretty decent when painted (rest of kitchen is pretty nice with ss appliances and granite counters - bathrooms are just regular white tiles).  My tenant sent me pics that the paint is chipping around the handles/knobs but again, not sure what I can really do here.  I could have someone re-paint but it will be costly and more of a temporary solution since it will likely chip again.  Or I could re-face cabinets which would obviously be a huge/expensive project?  Thoughts?

Loading replies...