Comdata Check

1 Reply

My tenant is a long haul trucker. He already wrote me a bad personal check so I had stipulated cash or money order for future payments.  He texted me he was on the road and that he would send me a Comdata check. I Goggled it and they are a service offered at truck stops. He paid to overnight the check and I called the 1-800 to verify the funds. However I was told the bank needs to call and get a verification code. They would not give the code to me. I also have to write my driver's license on the check. Seems like a lot of trouble and expense for all involved. Why not just overnight a money order ? Has anyone used or accepted payment this way ?

Sorry I'm late to the party on this... I drove a truck years ago and since I have been in the HD Truck Parts business. Freight companies often advance truckers their expenses in advance of their actual pay for a load. It is as good as cash and it isn't very easy  for an otr trucker to get anywhere but a truck stop when they are on the road, but they can simply transfer comdata money while they are on the road. 

HTH!

Don

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here