• Investor
  • Bonaire, GA
Votes |
Leasing to a Company

Amy E.
  • Investor
  • Bonaire, GA
Posted Feb 5 2015, 12:48

I had an inquiry for one of my rentals about leasing to a company.  The company is a healthcare training provider that sends instructors to my area throughout the year.  They would abide by my maximum occupancy rules, but each person living in the house would only be there for 2-3 months at a time and occupants would rotate in and out.  My lease would be directly with the company.  I've got a few questions I'm not sure how to answer:

1. How do I run a credit check on a company (they are not publicly traded).

2. Do I need to stipulate backgrounds checks for the occupants vs. just checking out the company? Pros/cons of this?

3. I usually make my tenants direct deposit, but this company likes to cut corporate checks for the rentals they lease.  I use WilliamPaid for the ability to pay with a credit card, but I can't accept credit cards myself (I don't think, anyway).  Is there another way to set up auto-paying (for free on my end)?

4. I will not include utilities, but have offered both lawn care and cleaning services for the bathrooms, kitchen and living spaces.  Anything else I'm missing? Pros/cons of this?

5. What additional terms do I need to add to the lease that are not typically in a regular single person lease?  Links to templates for this type of lease?

I found this article:http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/02/04...

And it helped a lot, if you've got any links to more articles like it, please post them.

Thanks.

Loading replies...