• Investor
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
Votes |
Reading suggestions...

Rich Cavanagh
  • Investor
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
Posted May 11 2015, 11:07

I'm looking for some advice regarding education, books to read, areas of expertise to invest some time and specialize in etc...

I am currently an aspiring landlord working a computer tech job full time investing in rentals. Half a dozen closings(and leases) under my belt with one active rental saving for my next down payment.

Goal is to fund my start with the paycheck and eventually go full time management/investor but for now I have a PM to assist.

I'm looking to jump in and start learning all I can. Should I invest time in getting my real estate license? if not is it worth it as a landlord to learn the material but skip the license? I am more of a buy and hold landlord/investor vs short term flipping. 

Eventually I'll network and learn as a go but is it worth me diving into the realtor side of things? Mortgage/lending? Local law? Property management?

Looking for the best bang for my buck and to prioritize what some of you vet landlords think would best help me grow since I have time to kill while saving up.

Thanks,

Loading replies...