• Investor
  • Laurel, MD
Votes |
How would you feel...if?

Tariq B.
  • Investor
  • Laurel, MD
Posted Jun 25 2015, 13:52

You had an agreement (contract) with your Property Manager that they are to get your approval before they go ahead and do any work orders. I just got new tenants in:

week one we dispatched handy man because tenant complained of leak, fixed p trap in bathroom and while there we decided to clear dryer vent $155.00

Week 2 Tenant says hot air out of A/C dispatching A/C man... Fixed problem (they said what it was but can't remember specifics) = 143.00

Week 3 Tenant said shower head is broken, towel rack is loose and there was a leak at the washing machine bib. = $105.00 

This was all done without my approval, I let the first two slide because I would have agreed to them fixing them both (not the dryer vent) I don't even supply the washer and dryer so them complaining of a leak on THEIR washer and cleaning the vent to the dryer doesn't make sense to me nor having to fix a shower head? How does that break, without force?! 

How would you feel about this or react to it? I need to see if I'm over reacting, since they are technically breaking their contract.

Loading replies...