Landlord Insurance In Illinois

8 Replies

@Jason Bott - Hi Keishee, I mentioned Jason, as he is in your area, and should be able to assist you! 

@Keishee Hill  Not every insurance company offers a true landlord insurance (which has coverage similar to a homeowners insurance). May offer Fire policy for rental properties. I find those highly inadequate. I found this out by accident. Now my home and landlord insurances are with different companies, as the company for my home only has a fire policy option.

My landlord policy is with MetLife.

--Upen Patel
Upen Patel, Lender in (#National Lender NMLS 1374243)
(571) 331-5161
Upen Patel ,I just have a follow up question. What type of things should I be looking for in a landlord insurance policy? You said that not all of them are the same, so what exactly is missing from some that is a must have.
@Upen Patel ,I just have a follow up question. What type of things should I be looking for in a landlord insurance policy? You said that not all of them are the same, so what exactly is missing from some that is a must have.
This app is funky. For some reason it says the name is attached but I do not see the link to the person's name. Does anyone know if I am able to link someone's name in the app?

I use NREIG exclusively for all of my rentals, in any state.

Thanks @Chanté Owens for the mention.

@Keishee Hill depending on what you are looking to insure will depend on which companies to consider.  In IL, I am pretty sure MetLife will only insure your rental if they also insure your home and auto.  There are 10-20 options for for a stand alone commercial rental policy that is not tied to you personal policy.  PM me if you want to discuss further.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.