Looking for a exceptional lease agreement.

2 Replies

Looking for a exceptional lease agreement. I'm in PA. I think the one I'm using is probably going to bite me in my butt soon. Looking for one that will covers everything from lease agreements, security deposits, waived jury trial, etc. 

Originally posted by @Cuong Ly :

Looking for a exceptional lease agreement. I'm in PA. I think the one I'm using is probably going to bite me in my butt soon. Looking for one that will covers everything from lease agreements, security deposits, waived jury trial, etc. 

I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding one particular to your State, but I have an additional idea: Make notes of all the issues you could possibly want to cover and find a lease form that covers most of them. Then, along with each lease, make up an addendum of your own that includes points the lease may not include and also highlights the ones you want your tenants to pay particular attention to. My addendum includes such things as pets, late fees, roommates, and condition of appliances and flooring, especially those that are new. Also, be sure to have your tenants sign the all-important Mold Disclosure and Lead Based Paint Disclosure; even if these are not required by State law, they can save you a world of trouble. I especially like my Mold Addendum as it contains a clause that releases me from future mold lawsuits the tenant may file. I got it from the CA Association of Realtors (it is a part of property sale and purchase docs) but you can probably find something similar in PA. Hope this helps and best of luck to you!