• Investor
  • Lehigh Acres, FL
Votes |
Another Mold Issue

Andrea Shields
  • Investor
  • Lehigh Acres, FL
Posted Aug 11 2015, 15:34

I have been reading all the responses and postings I can find regarding mold on BP. My tenant who has been with us for six months and seem to have a "Problem a Month" now tells me that there is mold on her bathroom wall. I visited the home and there was a small area about 1.5 inches long on the corner of the tub and right above the baseboard in her bathroom, the area was damp and there were no broken pipes or anything and I suspect the bathroom was locked up all day and the vent fan was not being utilized. The mother of the renter who I am told is an habitual smoker and has CHF promptly tells me that she knows it mold because she was in a home that had mold before and she has started to feel the same way. I, within a few days sent confirmation via written letter to release them from their lease with no penalty. They have not responded. I have owned this home for several years and this is the very first time I have ever had a complaint such as this. This home is blocks, fully tiled and has central air and only 11 years old. I suspect these tenants are fixing to do something more than be released from their lease. Should I be doing something different. 

Loading replies...