• Port St Lucie, FL
Votes |
Tenant Damage, Excessive Filth and Withholding Security Deposit

Jorge Borges
  • Investor
  • Port St Lucie, FL
Posted Aug 20 2015, 12:54

Hi BP,

I have a real knot in my stomach with this one. I have been renting for 6 years. And have never seen something like this. I know this pales in comparison to some of the war stories on here. But I really need help making sure I have everything documented. There are a lot of pictures so I posted them on my google drive. My issue is this, I inherited this tenant, so I don't have a move-in letter. I do have some pics from before she moved in. So far I have spent $500 in cleaning fees. My painters charged me $1,100 to cover up all the holes and paint the apartment. $1,200 plus materials to re-do the hardwood floors. This house was built in 2008.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5oZn_sjsj...

I have never taken a tenants security deposit, but based on what you see here apart from painting the apartment, everything else I have had to do because of damage caused by the tenant and excessive filth beyond normal wear and tear. Am I being fair?

How much would it cost to just repair the holes? Do I need to get invoices and receipts from all these guys or just some before and after pictures?

Tenants Security Deposit is ~$2,000

Loading replies...