Votes
Jen Faulkner
  • Peoria, IL
Votes |
Furnished Corporate Apartment/Housing Questions

Jen Faulkner
  • Peoria, IL
Posted Aug 28 2015, 11:31

For those of you who own corporate rentals, I have a couple of questions.  I don't yet have a furnished apartment, but I'll be doing it the next time someone moves out of one of our rentals.  I have a pretty detailed inventory list, but I just want to know this . . . .  

First--do you supply all of their items like shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc.?  I'm thinking about providing a "welcome basket" with all of those items, but then leave it up to them to replenish them as needed.  Maybe add in a service for extra charge if they want us to replenish the items for them?  

The other question I have, since they are short-term rentals, do you charge nightly?  I'm thinking about a monthly fee, but then charge more if they only plan to stay weekly.  I don't even know if I want to deal with nightly, but I know it would be a huge convenience for the renter, and it would be good for us too if the rental is vacant one week and we can pick up some more cash that we might not have gotten if we didn't allow nightly.  Maybe nightly is something I can add later when I get a handle on the whole thing.  What does everyone else do?   

Loading replies...