Property Management Software

13 Replies

@Steve Rozenberg We use Appfolio for our property management software. We've been using it for about 2 years now and I don't have any complaints. There are a number of companies out there that offer software. I would certainly recommend trying them out and seeing which one you like best.

Any other questions let me know, happy to discuss. 

Rob

We have used Buildium for several years and could not be happier with it.
Originally posted by @Rob L. :

@Steve Rozenberg We use Appfolio for our property management software. We've been using it for about 2 years now and I don't have any complaints. There are a number of companies out there that offer software. I would certainly recommend trying them out and seeing which one you like best.

Any other questions let me know, happy to discuss. 

Rob

How many properties do you use it for?

We're up to 35 units now, but we bought it because of scale ability. We have some hefty goals and both buildium & appfolio are built for that. I know when we were doing research the two had a big difference on how they priced. Buildium charges per unit I believe and appfolio is just a flat fee regardless of how many units you have. So starting out buildium is cheaper. 

I have used rent manager for 8 years. It is better and I have used buildium also.

I prefer rent manager.

Rentec

I've heard good things about Rent Manager. Hope that helps! 

Originally posted by @Carl Willis :

I've used Rentec in the past and currently use Easy Property Manager by Dectia.

Why did you switch from Rentec?  I just started using them yesterday and I'm trying to become familiar.  I don't want to get to deep into Rentec if I should switch.

Michael Thompson, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB14048067)
317-520-4599

Depending on what you are looking for i would also suggest looking at Cozy.co.  They are a new start up and I recently started using it on of our rentals and the process was simple enough that I am considering switching other properties/tenants to it. 

Originally posted by @Michael Thompson :

@Carl Willis  Why did you switch from Rentec to Easy Property Manager?  I just got Rentec yesterday and don't want to get to deep into the software if it didn't workout for some reason.

Hi Michael,

Rentec is a great program, it was simply more robust than what I really needed for my purposes. The simplicity of the Dectia program was very appealing, plus I didn't have to pay more as my portfolio grows.

Carl