• Investor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Can't find a tenant!

Estelle Lee
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Sep 13 2015, 20:05

I purchased my property August 2013. Since then it's been gutted and renovated to a vanilla shell. It has been available for lease for nearly 2 years and I still don't have a tenant. I've gone through 3 real estate agents and I can't figure out why the building isn't being leased.

It's a free standing pad site in front of a major grocery store anchored plaza.  It has terrific visibility and is located on a fairly major road that sees roughly 25k cars/day.

The address is: 1040 N Edgewood Ave, Jacksonville, FL is anyone wants to take a look.

There are very few spaces available on this street and is located in a middle class mixed demographic neighborhood. 

My current rental rate is lower than the grocery anchored strip behind me.

Is it my agents? Or is there something else I should be doing? We're on Loopnet. Every agent I've worked with says the same thing and they work diligently on it the first few weeks and then they practically vanish and I have to call several times to actually get an update.

Should I try leasing it myself? I am a licensed agent but I work full time in financ and would only be able to proactively do something on nights and weekends.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Loading replies...