• Investor
  • boxford, MA
Votes |
Possible tenant problem...

Becky C.
  • Investor
  • boxford, MA
Posted Dec 12 2015, 08:48
So one of the neighbors in the nice family neighborhood in Colorado Springs where I own a single family rental has been complaining to me about the tenant I have in the house. I have a property management company, and they seem to be completely unaware of these issues. I'm being told that large uhaul trucks and many cars are coming to the house each day which is disrupting this small cul de sac where many children often play. Also there are supposedly more people living in the house than I was told by my manager. The more I've been learning on BP, the more I fear I may have been mistaken to trust my property manager so implicitly without doing my own research. Prior to hiring this pm I managed it myself from afar with a great tenant with no problems for 4 years. What the pm told me about the tenant: one woman in her 50s and her two children who will be on the lease. She has a job as xyz and makes $$ per month (which was probably slightly below the % I've learned should be. I guess I assumed the pm did a background check and called references the ways I used to, but I could be wrong (ya know what happens when you assume!). I realized later after agreeing to take these ppl on and saw on the lease they are adult children and all three on the lease have different last names. Also there are actual children in the home which were unreported and possibly other adults too now. I confirmed all these claims with other neighbors whom I trust after hearing about all this. Through many emails with my pm I haven't gotten them on the phone but am now trying to. Should I fly out to see what's going on myself? Does any of this even warrant concern since the tenant is paying rent on time? Thanks for any advice.

Loading replies...