• Investor
  • Belmar, NJ
Votes |
Streamlining Processes

Joshua Vallario
  • Investor
  • Belmar, NJ
Posted Feb 25 2016, 08:35

I have amassed a mix of flip project and rentals over the past several years, all while maintaining my fulltime employment - it is not easy working 7 days a week.  I am now taking on two more rentals and two new flips starting within the next month - all four units require major renovations...  This leaves me in a management quandary.  I must streamline my landlord process as much as possible, by automating where I can.  I am a one man show....  A bit nutty when I am self managing and self GC'ing - with a full-time job and two kids under 4... 

I just opened up a separate svngs account to be able to take electronic payments from my tenants - this will remove my monthly visits to the bank; a small win.  I am also setting all of my utilities and debt payments to auto-pay to a credit card - this will reduce my monthly bill pay from many down to just one credit card reconciliation.  I have also converted everything to QuickBooks Pro last year; this was a BIG help! 

So my question to you my friends...  What else can I do to streamline my daily tasks?  My leasing process is not too cumbersome; I have a nice chest of document templates that I have created and repeat whenever there is turn-over.  I am not sure if there are any efficiencies to gain there.  GOt any ideas for tricks and tools that are being used to save time elsewhere? 

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Loading replies...