Votes
Aquila Oliveira
  • Lake Worth, FL
Votes |
worst eviction process

Aquila Oliveira
  • Lake Worth, FL
Posted Apr 20 2016, 20:10

the story starts in January of 2016, when i added a tenant to my one family house. 10 days later she decided to move her stuff in. she rented a one bedroom in my house and was bringing in her belonging that could fill a fill 1 bedroom apt. when she didn't have enough place to put her stuff she began to leave everything in the living room. when i confronted her about it, she began to act threatening and irrational. i thought "hey she is stressed. let her cool down. the following day i tried to talk to her and she really lost her mind. i told her "it was not going to work out and she had till the end of the month to find somewhere else to leave. February we started with the eviction process since she didn't move nor pay febs rent. fast forward to end of march.

my in-laws came back from Florida and they were staying with us. there was an issue with the some rotten food of hers in the fridge that was thrown out and she decided it would be OK to start thrashing the place throwing things and finally assaulting my mother in law. the cops was called and she got charged with elderly abuse and spent 2 nights in jail.

my mother in law was able to get a restraining order against her for a year and she is not allowed into the house because that is where my mother inlaw is staying. her belongings are still there.

we went to court this past Tuesday for the eviction and the judge was not there. while speaking with the mediator, she is alleging that she cant find a place and wants 60 days in order to find something. my lawyer said "what makes you think you can live there when, you never paid, you assaulted someone living there and you still have not found a place to live?' the mediator sided with us, but since she is not a judge, court was set for Thursday this week. 

after we left, my lawyer called saying she filled an extension because she claims that my mother in law hurt her arm during the altercation and she has doctors on Thursday. the judge granted the extension until next week. she also filed an appeal for the protective order alleging she couldn't make it to court because she was in pain because of the ordeal. the hearing will be held may 2nd for the appeal. 

on may 5th there will be a court because of the fight that broke out in march. 

now, my questions are;

does she have any bases to this claim? have the judge over turn the protective order?

and what can i do to get this person out of my life already. 

sorry for the big rant here but at this point im at a loss. seems like the system in Connecticut is solely working for the tenant no matter the consequences... if any one has any pointers feel free to reach out to me. my number is 2034249978

thank you all

Loading replies...