Mike Lynch
  • Shallotte, NC
Votes |
Can't make up my mind?

Mike Lynch
  • Shallotte, NC
Posted Apr 24 2016, 08:01

Hi everyone,

It is career change time after over 20 years in the commercial / residential plumbing service business. I love the internet, but believe it or not, it has crushed my business. Every product company like Moen, Delta, Kohler, Toto, American Standard, and Youtube etc. has tons of instructional videos of how to repair your plumbing. People between 18 and 60 years old have just stopped calling me, unless they want to know free technical information. I am not going to whine about it, but that's just the way it is with plumbing these days. Plumbing is also very hard on a persons body, lifting very heavy items, and crawling under homes all day.

I have been thinking about several options: --- Real Estate Flipping, Starting a Property Management Company, or Non Medical Elder Care Company which also provides home maintenance and a cleaning service.

Yeah, I know, that I am pretty confused, but I know a lot about home repair! ( drywall, plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, and landscaping )

I would like to hear the pros and cons or what might be the best choice. -- During my time in plumbing, it has been a 24/7 and 365 day a year career. I would like to work hard but not work 7 days a week anymore with no real life. At my age of 48, it would be nice to slow down a little and maybe work 40 hours per week. -- Any advise would be great!

Thanks!

Loading replies...