Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Austin Bathel
  • Investor
  • Camino, CA
Votes |
Renters painted the property without permission.

Austin Bathel
  • Investor
  • Camino, CA
Posted May 18 2016, 22:12
Hey guys I need some advice here. I am refinancing my rental currently. I needed to get the home appraised so I had set up a time with the appraisal company and my tenants that worked. The tenants told me that they would not be home that day and told me to let the appraiser in the home myself. During the appraisal, I noticed that the tenants had painted one of the rooms. Now this house is all upgraded, brand new everything, from granite counters, stainless appliances, and brand new electrical and plumbing. I've kept the very neutral theme in the house for an obvious reason, I want to appeal to the most people. However, the tenants painted a room. One wall is a VERY royal blue and the other walls are grey, and the ceiling is white. Before it was all tan/cream just to match the rest of the house. What do you suggest I do? Should I mention it to the tenants? There is nothing in our lease about painting. It does say the tenants can not make major changes without consulting me. Also, it was a very bad paint job.

Loading replies...