• Investor
  • Jefferson City, MO
Votes |
Who provides shower curtain and rod

Todd Witt
  • Investor
  • Jefferson City, MO
Posted Jun 15 2016, 12:47

we have an inherited tenant who is requesting that we remove the existing door on his bath tub so he can use a rod and curtain instead. We were planning on removing the door when we turned over the unit for the first time anyways so when he mentioned wanting it removed we have no problem doing that for him. 

The debate we are getting into is he thinks we should be responsible for supplying the curtain rod and he will be responsible for the curtain. To me, I would rather the tenant provide the rod since they are removable, breakable, people have different decorative opinions with them, etc. Plus I seem to remember always supplying my own curtain and rod when renting both houses and apartments in the past.

At the end of the day this is optional maintenance and we can just not remove the door if we can't agree on who provides what. Or we may just supply the rod since they are not very expensive. Still I was just curious what other landlords do. Do you all typically supply the curtain, or curtain rod, or both, or neither?

Loading replies...