• Rental Property Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
Perspective Tenant Concern

Rachel Pivonka
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Posted Jun 28 2016, 06:58
We have listed our very first rental property to rent and our first perspective tenant says he is separated from his wife and they are trying to sell their house which they bought in 2008. My concern is that I'm sure he is listed on the mortgage, which we will see when we do his credit report, but concerned because he will be responsible for his mortgage and for paying rent at our place. I am guessing his wife is living in the house they both own. His income is $1000 over the three times the monthly rent rule which I guess would help cover the mortgage on his house. If all the other requirements check out, credit, references, eviction check, employment verification, background. Should I worry about him owning this house with his wife who he is separated from? Also to note he has been living at an apartment for the last six months I'm guessing while he was separated from his wife. Another strange thing is I googled his address of this house and on Zillow and all other websites it says off market. Any advice is appreciated! This is our first rental. Thanks!!

Loading replies...