Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy S.
  • Investor
  • lehigh valley, PA
Votes |
tenant couple now wants to split rent between them?

Jimmy S.
  • Investor
  • lehigh valley, PA
Posted Aug 4 2016, 15:35

A couple moved in 4 months ago and now they are not a couple anymore but are stilling living together for now and they told me one of them might be moving out. In the mean time they each want to pay their own rent 50% each and both are paying with separate checks, however one of them now are late the last 2 months and its like me chasing rent now for 2 people.

He paid is half and told me to get the other half from her. I did not agree to this they kind of assumed I was ok with this. I told them if either one did not pay they will have to make good for the other person as they are a team, 1 check for the total rent amount. Well I told him she was not at the property when I stopped over.

They are $500 behind as of today "she is" he just got caught up and paid me $1000 on the 1st of the month. I dont see this working out. He makes 2k a month and rent is $970 but says he can afford it but winter is not here and heating bills will be 200 or 300 a month.

How would you handle this, I really would hate to start eviction but the bottom line is the rent is not paid, they only paid half.

Loading replies...