Future Landlord

7 Replies

Hello!

I am looking to become a future landlord. My goal is to purchase a duplex and live on one side. I am looking to build up me team of experts. Does anyone have any great recommendations for real estate CPAs in the Dallas Texas area?

Thanks,

Shicara

Hello Shicara! Good luck on building a great team in Dallas, finding good members can be hard, but well worth it. Can't helping finding a CPA, but would be happy to help any way I can if you run into management questions! Feel free to message me anytime once (or before) you become a landlord!

No recommendations for team members but suggest you begin by going on line and study your state landlord tenant regulations. It is essential reading to understand how to operate your new business.

Start with keeping good record of all your transactions. I would suggest to open up a new bank account, and do all the transactions with that account.

Best wishes!

Hey that's a great plan! I'd use Google and ask for references !

Welcome to BP, congrats your decision to become a landlord. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out, I've been doing it for over 10 years. 

I don't have any contacts in the Dallas area, but I did a quick  YELP search for you, sorted by highest rating. You can also look for  NARPM approved vendors on their local chapter site. 

Good Luck! 

It's never a bad idea to assemble a team of professionals. But in your case, I don't see the need* of having a real estate CPA. I'm studying to be a CPA and unless you own multiple properties, your tax situation is not very complicated. I'm afraid you would be over paying for the advice of a real estate CPA. Many of your questions can likely be answered here on BP for free!

Originally posted by @Greg S.:

No recommendations for team members but suggest you begin by going on line and study your state landlord tenant regulations. It is essential reading to understand how to operate your new business.

Thank you Greg! This is a great suggestion.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.