Thoughts on this Kitchen Sink for a rental?

6 Replies

@Steve S.

as a renter, your sink is not going to be 1 of the reasons they want to rent from you. 

So I suggest going with the cheapest but yet most durable product for your unit. 

But you can't go wrong with any undermount stainless steel sink. What countertop are you putting in? granite?

Kitchen/bathroom sells houses, and also appeals to renters! 

Whoever installs your countertop, can install a basic stainless steel that 99% or renters will never think twice of. Do not over think the process of getting people in there. Make it look nice, people will follow. 

Good luck

We have the same style sink, and I just measured ours. It is 9.5", which is plenty deep. 9.25" will be fine.

Originally posted by @Scott Weaner :

We have the same style sink, and I just measured ours. It is 9.5", which is plenty deep. 9.25" will be fine.

Thanks!

I like the countertop opening to be 1/4" to 1/2" smaller all around than the sink. The slight overhang helps to hide the silicone bead and reduces complaints of discoloration and mold buildup. Look at the sink in any hotel bathroom. Good luck.

I wouldn't go crazy on the sink, even a single bowl sink will do fine for a rental, may even cost you less, even though that price looks pretty good. just a little FYI - the higher the number on the gauge of the metal, the thinner it is, that one is 18 gauge where one came up below it that was 16 gauge but over $200 - that one would be stronger. 

Patrick Liska, Contractor

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.