Helen Zhang
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Relocating to Austin

Helen Zhang
  • Austin, TX
Posted Nov 24 2016, 23:42

Hi BP!

I am a software engineer full time and part time real estate investor/landlord. Recently, I have accepted an offer in Austin and looking forward to re-locate from California. I am targeting to have everything settled by January. 

I'm seeking for to rent a new apartment in Austin, and I thought I should start looking for landlord in BP first before start searching for Austin Apartments. I am seeking for 1bed/1bath unit or studio, under $900 in North Austin near GateWay, Quarry, and Domain. (I can careless if it's a condo/apartment/duplex). If anyone happens to have an unit open, I would love to have a chat with you. (Currently I'm not interested in buying a house in Austin yet as I don't know if I will like Austin). 

Even if you do not have any opening, please share with me your experiences on where would be a good place to find good apartment with fair pricing? 

On the side note, when I searched on craigslist, I noticed that there is such thing called "relocation agent" who helps you to find an apartment. Their rate seems to be a lot lower than the rate that is offered from Apartment.com. Is this legit? 

I would appreciate any tips and tricks =)

Thanks,

Helen Z

Loading replies...