• Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Tenant is always complaining

Alma Salazar
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Nov 25 2016, 18:55

Hi All,

I am new to bigger pockets and looking for help. I own a 4-complex and have been managing on my own for the last 3 yrs. I have to long term tenants (over 3 yrs). Not a lot of

issues or complains from them. About a 1 ½ month ago a new tenant move-in.

Below is a list of the issues she has:

1. She saw a dead cockroach in her bathroom (Pest control does come to the property every other month and in between if a unit needs it).

2. Toilet got clogged 2 times in a row (I had in fix the following day)

3. Kitchen hot water pressure not strong enough (had it fix and valves and pipes were)

4. Kitchen sink clogged (had it fix, plumber said a bunch of rice was clogging the pipe)

4. The room and bathroom doors fell of the hinges.

5. The tenant below is not picking up after his dog (I have address with him in writing).

6. The washer in the laundry stinks.

The list can go on and on. I am not sure if I made the mistake by telling her thank you for keeping me posted on what is going on in my complex. I feel she has become too involved in how I manage the property. She now is asking that I move out my long term tenant because he broke the lease by having a dog and not paying for a pet deposit (a conversation they both had). I never had so many calls/test/complains in a month as I have lately. I did give her the option to let her out of the lease, since it seems to me she was not happy and the unit was not meeting her expectations. She said she wanted all her move- in money deposit and cleaning fee. At this point she has said she want to remain in the unit because she is happy there and she likes me as a landlord, but she will start documenting everything and taking pictures. Any suggestion on how this should be handle?

Thanks,

Alma

Loading replies...