• Warner Robins, GA
Votes |
Possible Tenant Eviction

Rosston Smith
  • Investor
  • Warner Robins, GA
Posted Dec 7 2016, 10:03

I'll keep this short. 

Tenant A is a 30 year old teenager. He paid the below market rent 1-2 weeks early every month  for the last three months until this month(
his year lease is now up) and procrastinated payment until one day late.

He is now on a m2m lease.

He passed out listening to loud music after 9PM last night, so after banging on all the doors and windows I called the cops at 11:30PM. They woke him up and told him to turn it down.

At this point (One day late) I served the Pay or Evict (3 day) notice after the cop left. He proceeded to insult me, use colorful profanity, kick a porch chair, and then offered to pay the under market rent WITHOUT the late fee. I refused to accept the rent without the late fee included. (All of this I have on video)

He slammed his door in my face and went inside and turned the music back up. I proceeded to call the cops again, they sent out two cops and wrote him a ticket.

So we have a violation of rent payment and noise according to the lease.

How would you recommend I proceed from here? I aim to have a conversation with him so see if I can get him out without going to court. I could attempt cash for keys if necessary. He said he would "lawyer up" and go to court over it but he was intoxicated at the time.

All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Loading replies...